Information Technology Services
ITS team is responsible for providing assistance to SPCF students and faculty. We are the contact person for students seeking technical help with computer related issues in Systems Plus College Foundation computer lab and Systems Plus College Foundation different offices during scheduled hours. Perform basic computer troubleshooting, including course specific software and printer maintenance. Computer Lab Assistants are responsible for maintaining a clean quiet work area for students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Primary responsibility is to provide student support and customer service.
- Be present, visible, and available to students requiring technical assistance.
- Answer questions from students in SPCF with technical issues.
- Research for solutions to questions that you are unfamiliar with. Learn to use the power of Google.
- Be acquainted with the available help resources and stay updated with campus technology changes and problems.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of IT fundamentals.
To perform this job success fully Computer Lab Assistants should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical: The ability to research unfamiliar technical issues, and learn new software and hardware applications.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills: Demonstrate the ability to logically solve basic technical issues. Show they are knowledgeable in current operating system and software applications.
- Customer Service: Respond promptly in a friendly and helpful manner to questions. Demonstrates patience and persistence when helping difficult or emotional students, as well as students who have little or no computing skills. Maintaining a good attitude when repeatedly answering the same questions to same students.
- Interpersonal Skills: Effectively and courteously helps students with computer and technological issues.
- Oral Communication: Ability to explain technical issues clearly and concisely.
- Professionalism: Keep your tone and speech professional.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Ability to manage time.
- Dependability: Dependability in following schedules and procedures